Blast Movement Technologies is an innovative Australian company at the forefront of blast movement monitoring and grade control. We have developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. We specialise in the areas of R&D, manufacturing and consulting. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources. We currently assist 117 customers in 39 countries around the world.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced full-time Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this position will ensure that BMT is compliant with applicable accounting regulations and statutory requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing sound financial information and advice to our management team to facilitate effective organisational decision making.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Generating financial reports as required that display the company’s profits, equity, and cash flow
• Assisting with the development of budgets and forecasts
• Conducting and assisting with internal and external audits
• Analysing of data to determine the state of the company’s financial health
• Developing and maintaining effective financial management systems, policies, and procedures
• Identifying potential opportunities for improved processes and/or tools and developing strategies to implement in conjunction with the management team
• Managing debtors and creditors with a view to maintaining positive cash flow
• Reconciling all balance sheet accounts accurately and in a timely manner
• Assisting with the timely preparation of end of year statutory accounts
• Preparing statutory returns for PAYG, BAS, payroll tax and any other regulatory returns and ensuring that all obligations meet deadlines
• Interpreting and applying international tax knowledge as required
• Preparing financial information in relation to grant or concession claims for review & submission; and
• Developing, supporting and maintaining relationships with key customers as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in Accounting or a related field
• Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) qualification (desirable)
• Proven experience working in a similar position (manufacturing accounting experience desirable)
• Knowledge of inventory management systems
• Working knowledge of tax laws and regulations
• Experience in foreign currency transactions; and
• Global accounting experience (USA, South America, Russia and/or Africa) is desirable.
We are a small yet growing business and are therefore seeking an Accounting professional that has the capability to operate both strategically and on an operational level. Furthermore, to succeed within this position, the successful individual will need to have a high level of commercial awareness, be deadline orientated and have excellent analytical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application from this page.
Position: Accountant – Full time
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Date: 14 November 2019