Blast Movement Technologies (BMT) specialise in consulting, manufacturing and R&D in the field of blast movement and grade control. BMT has developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources. BMT’s blast movement monitoring (BMM) system has been fully implemented at more than 117 mines in 39 countries around the world.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Consultant to join our team based in Russia.
Reporting to our Global Consulting Manager based in Canada, we are looking for an experienced and self-motivated professional who will assist with managing our growing number of customer accounts in this region. This position will involve regular local and at times, international travel. The successful individual will need to be comfortable spending approximately 40% of their time travelling.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to;
- Competently and effectively delivering the company’s solutions via site-based training and implementation, subject matter expertise, technical report writing, and customer support
- Managing client accounts and relationships
- Contributing to marketing media and material
- Taking part in business development events (e.g. campaigns and conferences)
- Drafting technical papers for conferences and case studies
- Providing input into opportunities for product improvement and assisting in creating and implementing solutions
- Contributing to our knowledge base; and
- Supporting R&D product testing, including feedback and information gathering.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification (Master’s degree preferred) in mining or geology
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in mining production
- Consultancy / advisory experience in a customer-facing position
- A current driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent communication skills in Russian and English – verbal and written
- Experience in blast design and/or grade control (desirable)
In addition to the above, we are seeking an individual with excellent communication skills who has the ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships with customers at all levels. As this is a highly autonomous position, the individual will also need to be able to exercise a high level of initiative and have excellent time management skills to ensure that competing priorities are effectively managed. Well-developed negotiation and presentation skills are also essential for success within this role.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company that is a market leader in its field. You will gain exposure to new and exciting products and be well supported in your role by an experienced team.
Initially, the successful candidate will be engaged as an independent contractor. Interested applicants should submit their application via the BMT website.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master’s (Preferred)