Blast Movement Technologies is an innovative Australian company at the forefront of blast movement monitoring and grade control. We have developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. We specialise in the areas of R&D, manufacturing and consulting. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources. We currently assist 118 customers in 39 countries around the world.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join our business in this newly created position. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a key leadership role within our business which will provide oversight of our Finance function and the management of our current team of three Accountants.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the performance of the Finance team
- Promote positive working relationships within the Finance team and the wider organisation
- Manage all accounting operations, cash flow management, reporting, budgets & forecasts, month-end & year-end processes, regulatory reporting, analysis & interpretation of company performance and overseeing the timely and accurate payment of staff payroll
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and reporting while establishing and implementing accounting policies, business processes and internal controls
- Manage international and domestic tax and reporting compliance obligations
- Interpret and apply international tax knowledge as required
- Ensure standard costings are periodically reviewed and updated to ensure accurate pricing
- Debt management and collection
- Manage internal and external audits
- Work closely with senior management to identify business improvement opportunities
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and modelling of capital investment decisions
- Ensure all payments relating to statutory returns and obligations meet deadlines
- Develop financial models and provide sound financial management advice; and
- Develop, support and maintain relationships with key customers (internal & external) and suppliers as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary accounting qualifications
- Professional membership – Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)
- Experience in a senior financial management position in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience managing teams
- Experience in the preparation of consolidated financial reports & application of relevant accounting standards
- Experience in foreign currency transactions
- Experience with inventory management systems and product costings; and
- Working knowledge of local and international (USA, Canada, South America, Russia and/or Africa) taxation & accounting laws and regulations.
We are a small yet growing business and are therefore seeking a Financial Controller who whilst working strategically, can also take a hands-on approach when needed. Strong technical skills in contemporary accounting standards & principles are vital to success within this position as is a control/system focus with the successful individual needing to possess the ability to effectively investigate discrepancies, problem solve and deliver improvements. As this position will manage a team of Accountants, well-developed people leadership skills are also essential.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a great working environment. We are located in modern offices in Brisbane’s west where onsite parking is available.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via this page.
Position: Financial Controller – Full Time
Date: 28 November 2019