Blast Movement Technologies, a Hexagon Company, is at the forefront of blast movement monitoring and grade control. BMT is an innovative Australian company that has developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. We specialise in the areas of R&D, manufacturing and consulting. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Firmware Developer to join our team in a newly created position. The primary purpose of the Firmware Developer role is to develop firmware for BMT products, contributing to all aspects of the firmware development lifecycle. The Firmware Developer will work collaboratively within the Research & Development team at BMT.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop firmware for BMT products
- Adhere to architectural goals and guidelines
- Take responsibility for resolving technical product issues
- Assist with the estimation of iterations and product releases
- Provide technical review of internal deliverables
- Provide input into technical decision making
- Communicate progress status through weekly project meetings and by providing accurate estimates of remaining work
- Seek, use and promote best practice methodologies & tools to deliver firmware to the required standards and to maximise speed of development; and
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the firmware development process within the development team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Computing, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven commercial experience
- Strong programming skills in C (C++ is a plus) for embedded systems including development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures and implementing optimised code
- Knowledge of ARM, PIC or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures
- Experience in low-level programming
- Experience with lab tools, Logic Analysers, oscilloscopes, JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analysers
- Hands on experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis and problem solving
- Experience in version control methodologies during prototype development and implementation
- Exposure to data acquisition using electronic sensors
- In depth experience of software and firmware development methodologies to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market; and
- Knowledge of other embedded programming languages (assembly/Python/Java/VHDL).
Further to the above requirements, we are seeking an individual that has strong time management skills as well as a high level of personal drive. The successful candidate will additionally have a commitment to continuous improvement as well as a desire for knowledge sharing. Strong interpersonal skills are also a must.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply from this page or via SEEK.