R&D Junior Project Manager
Blast Movement Technologies, a Hexagon Company, is at the forefront of blast movement monitoring and grade control. BMT is an innovative Australian company that has developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. We specialise in the areas of R&D, manufacturing and consulting. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources.
We are currently seeking a Junior Project Manager to join our Research and Development (R&D) team. The role of the R&D Junior Project Manager is to enhance the company’s ability to efficiently deliver innovative products to the market, enabling our growth strategy. The successful candidate will actively manage our innovation portfolio through influence and information, to maximise return, balance risk, and deliver return on investments. The individual will also proactively support and develop human capital assets in R&D to drive functional excellence, productivity and employee engagement.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for project team performance, project schedule & execution, budget commitments and spend
- Lead team in defining project strategies, developing goals, and ensuring project scope is defined and controlled
- Guide and manage preparation for project milestone reviews
- Identify and manage dependencies and handoff’s between functional groups
- Continuously interact with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Ensure identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan/FMEA and lead project team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipate potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manage conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- Lead core team to identify and implement continuous improvement
- Organise R&D site testing including shipment of test items/gear, site access, staff travel and any other associated tasks
- Conduct weekly project meetings and provides weekly report to all stakeholders
- Escalate to senior management for intervention if it becomes clear that the target dates will be missed
- Prepare necessary documentation for product release; and
- Occasional travel as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or a related field
- Proven experience in a Project Management position
- Experience in product development is desired, ideally with experience in both R&D and Program Management.
- PMP certification or PRINCE2 certification (desirable)
- Experience leading people and/or projects formally or informally (desirable).
In addition to the above qualifications and experience, we are seeking an individual that is highly customer focused, relentlessly pursuing quality and speed to market in equal parts. Furthermore, it is imperative that the individual has the ability to produce quality work under strict timelines.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply from this page or via SEEK.