Software Developer/ Quality Assurance Tester
As a part of the Hexagon group, Blast Movement Technologies is an innovative Australian company at the forefront of blast movement monitoring and grade control. We have developed a revolutionary system to measure blast-induced displacement in surface mines to adjust the location of ore blocks and subsequently minimise ore loss and dilution. We specialise in the areas of R&D, manufacturing and consulting. Our business offering is sought after by the international mining industry to increase a mine’s revenue and improve the utilisation of the earth’s limited natural resources.
We are currently seeking a Software Developer/Quality Assurance Tester to join our R&D team based in Sumner Park. This position will join the global product development team of the Hexagon Mining division. As a Quality Assurance Tester, you will be required to manage and execute all phases of code release and software quality assurance efforts. You will be involved in the planning and execution of test plans, including the accurate recording and capture of defects found according to defined internal processes.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop test artefacts (test plans, test scripts both manual and automated) for Hexagon Mining products
- Undertake the testing of installation and upgrade of new releases prior to packaging a software release
- Planning, installing, and managing test environments as required by the product development team
- Seek, use, and promote best practice methodologies and tools to deliver software to the required standards and to maximise speed of development
- Adhere to architectural goals and guidelines as set out by the Team Leader or Product Owner
- Assist in the setting up of CI/CD environment
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the software development process; and
- Work effectively with internal groups as required to deliver required objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience with release and change management
- Proven experience developing test plans and test documentation
- Strong coding skills in C# and Python
- Proven skills in CI/CD environments, such as Bitbucket and/or Bamboo
- Knowledge of implementing and designing automated build and test environments; and
- Knowledge of integrating test and build frameworks into development environments.
The following would be viewed favourably:
- An earth science or GIS background
- Practical experience in Scrum software development processes; and
- Practical experience developing software in an agile team environment.
In addition to the above, we are seeking an individual that has a strong commitment to continuous improvement. Strong communication and time management skills as well as a high level of personal drive are also a must.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via our website or SEEK.